Tuesday, February 5, 2008

La Vita

After the Endymion parade we went to my in-laws second home on Esplanade where we were staying for the night. We put the kids to bed, and my in-laws were kind enough to suggest that me and Lauren go out for awhile. We walked to a nearby restaurant, La Vita. We had hoped my high school mate, Todd, could meet us. His wife was out of town for a few days and thought he might enjoy the company, but unfortunately, he had an obligation to attend to, so had to take a rain check.
La Vita is a small restaurant, but was quite busy, and seemed to be understaffed. Then again, it's carnival season, so maybe it's to be expected. long story short, we were slow to get our food, but the waiter and manager were quite apologetic, and provided us with an extra appetizer and extra drinks free of charge for the inconvenience. The wait for the main course was worth it. I had a chicken parmesan and I must say it was quite tasty. I hope we have a chance to eat there again soon. It was good to go on a date with Lauren. Life is good.

No comments: