Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Going Home

Saturday morning I'm flying to St. Louis for a quick weekend visit home. Most of my time Saturday will be spent hanging out with my Mom, but I do have a little time blocked out for a guitar jam/songwriter session with my friend Steve. In the evening I will be attending the 26th Convention of the Sons of the Surfin' Monkey. I could try to explain it, but it just wouldn't make any sense, so I won't. I will say the convention in the past has been a primer in the misuse of Shakespearean language, money ill-spent on limousines, wigs, and instituting shadow governments in foreign lands. I last attended the year after moving to Louisiana, so I will be seeing some friends I have not seen in a long time. Sunday I'll be attending mass at my old church, SS Peter and Paul in Collinsville, and hanging out with Mom, Dad, my brother, and sister and maybe a few cousins. Then fly back home Sunday evening.

No comments: