Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's always something.......


My job is not something I talk about much, but let it be known I've been working as a retail manager. Recently personnel issues have caused me to be working too much. Soon I may be working too little. I found out yesterday my store is being closed on May 18. After that I will have about 4 or 5 days of packing up product etc, and then I am out of a job. Yes, I will have some severance pay, but I'm going to have to figure out some things quick. Somehow I believe this is a blessing in disguise, but the unknown can be scary.
Pregnant wife is feeling really pregnant. She still manages to run on the treadmill every day, somehow. Due date changed to December 19, but my kids have a tendency to come early. My guess is expect our little friend about the 12th.
My blood sugar levels are very good. I've been a little tired due to the extra work though.
I haven't had much time to work on my music lately, but what little time I have had I have put to good use. 2 new songs for album 3. I'm getting close to figuring out the final tracks. Now if I could only figure out how to work my recording equipment to record the demos.....
Still dealing with the bee invasion. 2 beekeepers and now the Terminix guy have been to battle.
We celebrated "Greatest Day" aka Frederick's birthday, on May 2. He turned 2. A good time was had by all. He got some matchbox cars. He loves them!
Bernadette turns 6 this Friday and we are having a party. I am going to perform my new children's song, "Bridget Rode An Elephant To School".
Colette, Bernadette, and Bridget have started their own band. Colette sings and plays guitar, Bridget the drums, and Bernadette miscellaneous instruments. They have 2 originals, "Rock N Roll Dog" and "Frederick is The Cutest Boy And Mom Is Pregnant". Both songs sound somewhat like a cacophonious version of "Mary Had A Little Lamb", but I figure it's at least as good as the early versions of the infamous East Vietnam, so what the heck?! I am playing guitar for them on a classic Creedence Clearwater Revival tune and I'm showing the pregnant mommy how to play the guitar part also, so I am really excited about getting that one worked out. Hopefully in the next couple weeks we can have it worked out.
I'm thinking about placing the following ad:
Reclusive, diabetic father of 5 expecting his 6th child, suffers from a thyroid that doesn't function, reads biographies or books about time travel and alternative history, 5th rate musician/recording artist, whose conversations seem to revolve around St. Louis Cardinals baseball, genealogy, or some weird obscure thing that happened in 1984 or 1989, seeking employment with six figure salary. Contact Fred asap.
What do you think?

Picture is of me and Frederick on Greatest Day.

No comments: