Wednesday, May 28, 2008

England 2, USA 0

I can't tell you the last time I watched any type of game on a weekday afternoon, but I had the opportunity to watch a football friendly today between the United States and England. Despite England having a home field advantage at their new Wembley Stadium in London, I thought for sure this was going to be an American victory. I couldn't have been more wrong. England wins 2 nil. I didn't find out until kickoff that Landon Donovan wouldn't be playing due to an injury. The USA came out kind of flat, and England played well, scoring in the 38th and 59th minute. Seems like we played a little better the last 15 minutes or so, about the time Freddie Adu came in. England looked good. Still don't understand why they didn't qualify for Euro '08. Anyway, this American team still seems young to me, and I am still predicting a Final 4 finish at the World Cup in 2010. Yeah, go ahead and laugh all you Brazilian, French, and Portugese reading this, but just you wait and see. Our time is coming!

No comments: