Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mississippi FC 2, New Orleans 1





I took the girls to see their first professional soccer game yesterday at Tad Gormley Stadium in New Orleans. The New Orleans Shockers play in the lowest level of professional football here in the United States, the PDL. Many of the players are from England, and South America, as well as New Orleans. It rained prior to the game but the skies cleared just in time. We got to our seats just as the players came onto the field.

My girls were just as interested in buying snacks and soft drinks as they were in the game, but led cheers of "Go New Orleans!" throughout.

Mississippi FC, nicknamed the Brilla--(I must admit I don't know what a Brilla is, but I am going to look it up!) got out to a 2-nil lead in the second half. Near the end of the game, we finally got on board, sparked by the play of #20, who had the assist. Despite the small crowd and the loss, all in all it was a lot of fun and I hope we can make another game before the season ends in July.

No comments: