Saturday, June 7, 2008

Living Proof, Part 2


Friday, June 6 was my second day on the set of Living Proof, a Lifetime Network movie that will air this October,starring Harry Connick, Jr., produced by Renee Zellwegger, and directed by Dan Ireland.
Having worked Thursday on the set in Gretna, the family and me decided to stay at my in-laws place in Luling. About 9 p.m. I found out from casting that they wanted me to bring a suit to wear in the morning. My previous instructions were that wardrobe would fit me with what I needed. Luckily, my brother-in law Tony, who lives down the street, let me borrow one of his so I wouldn't have to drive back to Houma for mine.
My call time was 10 am but I arrived about a half hour early. The set was at a Chinese restaurant, the Cafe East, in Metairie, but we were depicting Wolgang Puck's Spago's restaurant in Los Angeles, 1990. Base camp was in a building next door. Some of the extras were the same as the day before, but most were new. I enjoyed speaking to many of them. Lots of interesting people.
I had a rather high profile bit. I was the maitre'd. I wore my glasses to give myself a more distinguished look. (I was glass-less on Thursday)The director and assistant director introduced themselves to me and went over my bit. I was then introduced to Angie Harmon. I would be leading Angie, Harry, and the lady playing Harry's wife to their table, pull the chair out for Angie, she says "thank you", and then I go back and interact with some of the other extras. I was pretty relaxed until right before the first rehearsal. Then I got a little nervous. Fortunately, everything went down without a hitch. It was fun. The director smiled at me and Harry gave me a nod. Later, during a break, I passed Harry on the sidewalk and he said hello. Of course, we did several takes over a few hour period. I wasn't released for the day until several hours after after I was done. I left about 7:30, but the rest of the crew and most of the extras had several more hours of work ahead of them working a scene depicting the Beverly Hilton. I was happy to get back home in Houma before the kids went to bed.
Anyway, you'll probably get to see me rather prominently for a few seconds when the movie comes on in October.
Picture of me is a bad self portrait taken in the mirror in the restroom. It worked out well the day before, but not so good this time! Let's just say it is artistic!

1 comment:

Mike Gassmann said...

Dude, That photo is symbolic of your rising star in your new career of filmdom! Woo-freakin-hoo! That's awesome. And y'know, if I came within a couple feet of Angie Harmon, I would have just been a bluthering idiot and ruined everything. Od course, let us know when this will air!