Saturday, June 21, 2008

Grand Isle, part 1




We returned home today after over a week at the family camp on Grand Isle. I was hoping to spend a great deal of time writing, brainstorming, and generally letting the creative juices flow but I just could not seem to get on track. Aside from watching the kids on the beach, most of my time was spent reading the Beatles biography by Bob Spitz, which I started and finished--over 800 pages.
My internet access was limited--as I don't have a notebook and had to rely on the mobile library which has been in use since Katrina damaged the building.
Grand Isle is a haven for fishermen, which I am not much of. In fact, I didn't go fishing while I was there although Lauren and the girls did, and caught a few.
Pics--The Camp at Grand Isle, Me walking down Louisiana Highway 1, Lauren and the girls at the Butterfly Dome.

No comments: