Saturday, March 1, 2008

DC5


I was saddened to hear that Mike Smith, lead singer of The Dave Clark 5 passed away. The DC5 are one of my all time favorite bands. I think they ended up having about 20 top 20 hits here in the USA and sold about 100 million records. Incredible numbers, but you don't hear too much about them anymore, although they are to be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in a few weeks. Dave went on to become an ultra successful businessman and producer. The DC5 catalog is currently out of print. Luckily, I have a greatest hits album on cassette from the early 90's. Anyway, Mike passed away after being in ill health for the last few years following an accident that left him partially paralyzed.
Back in my days with The Rockouts, we were known to play the DC5 hit "Anyway You Want It" during live performances. The last several years I've been known to play "Glad All Over" (my favorite DC5 song) around the house. The picture is of me playing "Glad All Over" with Bernadette and Bridget. Colette took the picture.

No comments: