Wednesday, March 12, 2008

$45.64


$45.64, aka prescription costs and health care rant.
This is me with my bottle of diabetes medicine, which costs me $45.64 a month. I have pretty good health insurance, but I have to pay $45.64 a month for this stuff. I don't like paying this much (45.64) for one prescription. (I have other scripts I also have to get every month--- I plan on ranting about them too, so lets just say this is the first of a series of rants about medical costs!) Now before I go on let me say this--I am grateful to have this medicine, I know there are people who need medicine and don't have it, there are people who spend thousands a month on their medicines etc, etc, etc, but I just don't like being nickeled and dimed for this stuff. I don't know what the answer or the solution or the alternative is---I'm not sure universal health care is the answer. I don't want the government telling me what doctor I can go to, and I sure don't want to have to do what folks are doing over there in England--pulling their own teeth because they can't get a dentist appointment.
I don't want to deny anyone the right to make a profit either, but something is rotten in drugland, and I don't like it.

No comments: