Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chilli Cook Off!!!!!



I don't cook much. Lauren is a very good cook. In the last few months I've watched snippets of cooking shows and thought it would be something I might enjoy. In addition, Lauren could use the help. We have 5 little ones here in the house, and baby Abraham requires constant attention, especially since Lauren breast feeds.
Colette was looking through a cookbook Lauren received for Christmas and mentioned a chilli recipe that was listed. I asked her if she wanted to cook it with me and she said yes. Lauren volunteered to get the ingredients from the supermarket and a few days later I found myself in the kitchen with Colette, Bernadette, and Bridget, who all wanted to be chefs. The recipe listed the ingredients but didn't really give any instructions. No problem, as it wasn't hard to figure out. The girls did a great job in assisting my chilli cooking debut. They helped set the table and serve drinks. The chilli was a bit spicy, but not too spicy. The girls and Lauren thought it was quite tasty. I thought so too! It was a good time cooking with the girls and having a nice family dinner.

No comments: